Āpiha Whakahaere Mahi
Administration officers perform a range of administrative tasks to ensure an organisation runs efficiently.
Contact usCall us on 0800 222 733
There are usually no entry requirements to become an administration officer as skills are learned on the job.
NCEA Level 1 in English and maths is usually required to become an administration officer. However, many employers prefer staff to have at least NCEA Level 2 English and maths. Keyboard and computing skills are also useful.
Administration officers need to be:
- good time managers and able to prioritise and multitask
- good communicators
- skilled writers
- able to use a variety of computer software
- able to work well in a team environment
- able to show initiative
- friendly and approachable
- discreet and diplomatic when dealing with confidential issues
Judi Brennan - Programme Manager Service
Useful experience for administration officers includes:
- administration or reception work
- information technology (IT) work.
View information on courses in the course database
Find out more about training
Updated 11 Jul 2014