- Hays, 'Hays Salary Guide 2012', accessed June 2012, (www.hay.net.nz).
- Lloyd, E, Association of Administrative Professionals NZ Inc, Professional Development Subcommittee chairman, Careers New Zealand interview, May 2010.
Your feedback needed!
Careers New Zealand would like feedback on their website. Fill in the short survey and be in the monthly draw to win a $100 book voucher.Click here to complete the survey
Āpiha Whakahaere Mahi
Administration officers perform a range of administrative tasks to ensure an organisation runs efficiently.
Contact usCall us on 0800 222 733
What are the chances of getting a job?
This is due to many employers needing administration services but not wishing to spend time training people.
Demand good in Wellington and Christchurch
Demand for administration officers is good in Wellington due to new permanent positions being created after government restructuring. Demand is expected to rise in Christchurch as support will be needed for businesses involved in rebuilding after the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
Most organisations employ administration officers
Most organisations employ administration staff, so you can work for a variety of employers. These include:
- private businesses
- government departments
- the armed forces
- legal offices.
|Administration Officers/ Office support Listed: 10 May 2013||Canterbury|
|Customer Services Officer Listed: 23 May 2013||Bay Of Plenty|
|Project Supervisor Listed: 11 May 2013||Canterbury|
|Accounts Receivable Clerk - Credit Controller Listed: 01 May 2013||Auckland|
|Administration Officer Listed: 24 May 2013||Southland|
|Administration Support Officer, Wellington Listed: 23 May 2013||Wellington|
|Senior Administration Officer Listed: 22 May 2013||Waikato|
Other vacancy websites
- Alpha Recruitment - A recruitment company specialising in executive roles
- Jobs.co.nz - Search for jobs in a range of interest areas
- NZ Government Jobs Online - Search jobs.govt.nz for State sector vacancies
- 9am People - Top job listings
- Kinetic Recruitment - Top job listings
- My Job Space - View MyJobSpace's administration jobs
- Search4Jobs - View Search4Jobs' administration jobs
- SEEK - View SEEK's administration jobs
- Student Job Search - View Student Job Search's administration jobs
- Trade Me - View Trade Me's administration jobs
- ICG Consulting - Browse job vacancies
- Q Jumpers - Browse job vacancies
- Able Personnel Services - Hawkes Bay job listings
- Mahi.co.nz - Lists Maori-focused positions
- New Kiwis - Search job vacancies
- Otago Daily Times - Search job vacancies
- Madison Recruitment - Search job vacancies
- Team Recruitment - Search job vacancies
- Manpower - Search job vacancies
- Drake International - Search job vacancies at Drake International
- Enterprise Recruitment - Search job vacancies at Enterprise Recruitment
- Jobseeker - Search many vacancy sites at once with Jobseeker
- Work and Income New Zealand - Search Work and Income job vacancies
Progression and specialisations
Administration officers often progress into other administrative positions that have more responsibility such as personal or executive assistant, or office manager.
Administration skills, such as time management, communication, and prioritising and delegating tasks, can be transferred to other roles, such as event manager or project manager.
How many people are doing this job?
Job vacancies by region
Updated 6 Mar 2013