- Hays, '2014 Hays Salary Guide', (www.hays.net.nz)
- Hays,' 2014 April - June Quarterly Report - Office Support', (www.hays.net.nz)
- Hudson '2014 Office Support Salary and Employment Insights', (www.hudson.com).
- Lloyd, E, Association of Administrative Professionals NZ Inc, Professional Development Subcommittee chairman, Careers New Zealand interview, May 2010.
- Michael Page, 'Salary and Employment Forecast 2013/14 - Office Support', (www.michaelpage.co.nz)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, ‘2003-2012 Occupation Data’ (prepared for Careers New Zealand), 2012.
- Robert Walters, '2014 Forecast Overview - Secretarial and Business Support', (www.robertwalters.co.nz).
Āpiha Whakahaere Mahi
Administration officers perform a range of administrative tasks to ensure an organisation runs efficiently.
Contact usCall us on 0800 222 733
What are the chances of getting a job?
Experienced administration officers are in demand because:
- increasing turnover of administration officers as the economy picks up
- employers want administration officers who can multi-task and help their organisation save money, for instance with purchasing plans.
Opportunities for new administration officers who are willing to start in temporary roles
Although opportunities are more difficult to find for new administration officers, entry level positions still become available as some employers prefer to train a new staff member at a lower pay rate than pay more for an experienced worker.
If you are new to this work, you may need to start with a part-time or temporary administration role to demonstrate your worth to an employer.
Many organisations employ administration officers
Most organisations employ administration staff, so you can work for a variety of employers including:
- private businesses
- government departments
- the armed forces
- legal offices.
|Lending Officer / Lending Administration Listed: 09 Sep 2014||Canterbury|
|Executive Officer - Infrastructure Listed: 12 Sep 2014||Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Sales & Risk Support Officer - Christchurch Listed: 03 Sep 2014||Canterbury|
|Revenue Administrator Listed: 27 Aug 2014||Canterbury|
|Administration Officer Listed: 08 Sep 2014||Auckland|
|Administration Officer – Science Services Listed: 10 Sep 2014||Taranaki|
|ADMINISTRATION OFFICER - PALMERSTON NORTH Listed: 04 Sep 2014||Manawatu / Wanganui|
Other vacancy websites
- Alpha Recruitment - A recruitment company specialising in executive roles
- NZ Government Jobs Online - Search jobs.govt.nz for State sector vacancies
- My Job Space - View MyJobSpace's administration jobs
- SEEK - View SEEK's administration jobs
- Student Job Search - View Student Job Search's administration jobs
- Trade Me - View Trade Me's administration jobs
- Q Jumpers - Browse job vacancies
- Able Personnel Services - Hawkes Bay job listings
- Mahi.co.nz - Lists Maori-focused positions
- New Kiwis - Search job vacancies
- Otago Daily Times - Search job vacancies
- Madison Recruitment - Search job vacancies
- Team Recruitment - Search job vacancies
- Hays Recruitment - Search for job vacancies
- Enterprise Recruitment - Search job vacancies at Enterprise Recruitment
- Jobseeker - Search many vacancy sites at once with Jobseeker
- Work and Income New Zealand - Search Work and Income job vacancies
Progression and specialisations
Administration officers often progress into other administrative positions that have more responsibility, such as personal or executive assistant, or office manager.
Administration skills, such as time management, communication, and prioritising and delegating tasks, can be transferred to other roles, such as event manager or project manager.
How many people are doing this job?
Job vacancies by region
Updated 11 Jul 2014