Your feedback needed!
Careers New Zealand would like feedback on their website. Fill in the short survey and be in the monthly draw to win a $100 book voucher.Click here to complete the survey
Kaimahi Hiko a-Waka
Automotive jobs may be for you if you are interested in:
- vehicles, vehicle parts, engines, and electrical systems
- working with tools, machinery and equipment
- problem solving, diagnosing faults, and finding out how things work
- repairing and maintaining things
- sales and customer service.
Contact usCall us on 0800 222 733
Useful school subjects
For entry into automotive trades training useful subjects at NCEA Level 2 include:
Students can also take part in a secondary school automotive training programme called Startup. The programme includes both theory and practical components, so students can gain NCEA credits as well as practical work experience. Students can also gain the Level 1 National Certificate in Motor Industry (Foundation Skills).
Find out more
- NZ Motor Industry Training Organisation (MITO)
- (04) 494 0005
Updated 20 Nov 2012