Your feedback needed!
Careers New Zealand would like feedback on their website. Fill in the short survey and be in the monthly draw to win a $100 book voucher.Click here to complete the survey
Recruitment ConsultantAlternative titles
Kaitohutohu Whiwhi Kaimahi
This job is sometimes referred to as:
- Employment Consultant
Recruitment consultants help match people with jobs. They work with candidates (people looking for work) and clients (employers looking for people to work for them).
Contact usCall us on 0800 222 733
There are no specific entry requirements to become a recruitment consultant, but previous work experience in human resources, sales, marketing, retail or customer service is preferred.
No specific secondary education is required for this job, but maths and English to at least NCEA Level 2 is useful.
Recruitment consultants need to be:
- skilled at communicating and relating with people
- skilled at networking and relationship management
- skilled at organising and managing their time
- confident and diplomatic
- quick and efficient, with an eye for detail
- results-focused and goal-oriented
- able to work well under pressure and unsupervised
- friendly, with a positive attitude.
Marcus Morrison - Recruitment Consultant
Useful experience for recruitment consultants includes any work dealing with people, such as sales or human resources.
View information on courses in the course database
Find out more about training
- Recruitment and Consulting Services Association (RSCA)
- (09) 813 9926 - www.rcsa.com.au/
Updated 22 Apr 2013