The end of the final year at school can be a stressful time. Your teen will be focusing on exams and assessments. They’ll also be thinking about what they want to do when they leave school. Will they go straight into work, go to university, do a trade or take a gap year?
We’re here for you.
We understand that as a parent you want to support and guide your teen through this stage of their lives as best you can. We’ve put together a dedicated resource hub where you can find all sorts of tips, tools and advice to use and share with your teen during this exciting and formative time in their life.
What you’ll find in our resource hub
1. Choosing a career path – align interests, strengths and job opportunities
- Find out what skills are in demand
- Match your teen’s interests, subjects and strengths with potential career paths
- See our five top tips to help you teen navigate their way to a career
2. Exploring the options after school – university, a trade, a gap year or work?
- Help your teen understand themselves
- Going to university
- Getting into a trade
- Taking time out with a gap year
- Working straight out of school
- Help your teen understand what the real world of work is like
3. How to make it happen – planning for success
- How to set career goals
- Planning tool kits for study at university, getting into a trade or getting a job
- Spotlight on planning for university – where to study, budgeting and student life
Get in touch
We’re here to help. If you’re not sure about how to help your teen figure out what they want to do when they leave school, contact one of our experienced career advisers.
Phone us free, even from a mobile, or chat online for expert advice.
- Call 0800 222 733
- Chat online