Graduate Certificate in Not For Profit Management
Unitec New Zealand Limited
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Candidates must meet the general, special or discretionary admission requirements, and meet the English Language entry requirements. Go to www.unitec.ac.nz for details.
To be admitted to this programme, all applicants must meet the following requirements in addition to the requirements set out in the Graduate Certificate Generic Regulations
a) Have at least three years' experience within the Not-for-Profit sector,
b) Be currently in paid or voluntary employment within the Not-for-Profit sector in a management position.
English language requirements for international students:
Applicants must have at least ONE of the following:
a) Gained NCEA level 3 and met New Zealand university entrance requirements;
b) Clear evidence that they satisfy one of the following criteria for existing English proficiency:
1. Previous primary and secondary study in English as evidenced by completion of one of the following at schools using English as the language of instruction:
i. Completion of all primary education and at least three years of secondary education (that is, the equivalent of New Zealand Forms 3 to 7 or years 9 to 13), or
ii. Completion of at least five years of secondary education (that is, the equivalent of New Zealand Forms 3 to 7 or years 9 to 13)
2. Previous tertiary study in English: clear evidence of completion of a tertiary qualification of at least three years' duration with English as the language of instruction in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the United States.
3. Achievement of the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
c) Achieved, within the preceding two years, at least one of the English proficiency outcomes listed below:
1. NZ Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) (Academic) (Level 5)
2. An overall IELTS band score (Academic Format) of 6.5 with a min band score of 6 (reading and writing) and 5.5 (speaking and listening)
3. An overall TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (essay 5 TWE) OR an overall TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) Score of 60 (writing 20)
4. First Certificate in English (FCE) with a pass at Grade B OR Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with a score of 52 or higher under the Cambridge International standard tests of English as a foreign language
5. Pearson Test of English PToE (Academic) with a score of 50
6. City & Guilds Internal English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) B2 Communicator with a score of 66
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The primary aim of the Graduate Certificate in Not for Profit Management is to provide New Zealand not for profit managers with the opportunity to develop their skills in their particular field. The programme will develop their knowledge and skills, to achieve organisational goals and contribute to build organisation capacity while demonstrating a values-based approach to managing a not for profit organisation.
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Business and Management at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Data as at November 2021
Examples of related scholarships
Unitec Study Grants
Unitec Institute of Technology
Up to $500
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ