Bachelor of Health and Social Development
Unitec New Zealand Limited
Health not elsewhere classified
Total student fees
over 3 Years - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The primary aim of the BHSocDev is to provide New Zealand with skilled practitioners in health and social development who:
* Integrate health and social development theories and knowledge into practice
* Are skilled and safe in working with a range of consumers in a variety of settings
* Demonstrate skills in advocacy and facilitation when working with individuals, groups, and communities
* Demonstrate an understanding of human rights and social justice and how these contribute to practice
* Contribute to creating positive outcomes in health and social well being in New Zealand
* Work collaboratively and promote interdisciplinary ways of working
* Are committed to and aware of the importance of maintaining professional currency
* Maintain culturally appropriate practice and ethical standards in the workplace
The new major in Diversional Therapy will continue to enhance Unitec's provision of programmes which promote coherent learning pathways and optimise the preparedness of graduates for the workplace. Diversional Therapy is a holistic practice centred on the needs of clients which strives to enhance their psychological, social, emotional and physical well-being. Graduates with this major will be well placed to develop into leaders in the transdisciplinary work environment through authentic work-based learning experiences that will develop not only relevant and transferable skills but also build sector relationships as they gain mastery of their discipline.
Key Information for Students
42 credits at NCEA Level 3 or higher from a mix of subjects, 14 credits in NCEA Level 1 or higher in Maths and English language requirements or relevant and equivalent qualifications, special and discretionary admission also accepted.
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$33,308 - $54,472|
|In further study||45%|
|On a benefit||1%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Altrusa Club of Ashburton Health Bursary
Altrusa Club of Ashburton
$1,000. Paid in two $500 instalments
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ