Certificate in Advanced Software Development (Micro-credential)
Future Skills Academy Limited
Computer Applications and Programming
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Applicants require the following:
- Applicants should have either completed the prerequisite micro-credentials in this micro-credential suite Certificate in Introductory Software (micro-credential) and Certificate in Intermediate Software Development (Micro-credential); or
- provide evidence of equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
Domestic applicants require the following:
- A New Zealand or Australian citizen, permanent resident or resident and aged 18 years or over
International applicants require following:
- Applicants must have the legal right to study or work in New Zealand.
- If English is not your first language, evidence of competency in English is required:
a. Achievement of NCEA Level 3; OR
b. English proficiency of an IELTS score of 6 with no band less than 5.5 or Pearson Test of English score of 50 with no band score lower than 42 AND
- English proficiency outcome needs to have been achieved in the last two years before enrolment and in one sitting.
(Refer the NZQA proficiency table.
Entry by special or discretionary admission:
- Be 20 years old or above when your programme starts; AND
- Provide sufficient evidence of aptitude or appropriate work experience that would indicate a successful outcome in the qualification.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
To enable students to build and deploy efficient and secure applications using advanced industry tools and frameworks. This micro-credential is designed for those who aim to expand their knowledge and skills in software application development by evaluating and applying a range of industry best practices for testing, optimising, securing, and deploying software products.
Examples of related scholarships
Rural Women New Zealand Tertiary Bursaries
Rural Women New Zealand
GCSB Women in STEM Scholarship
New Zealand Intelligence Community - Organisational Development New Zealand Intelligence Community
The value of this award is $10,000, which can be spread over three years depending on your study plans.
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ