ADAS Offshore Supervisor Trainee (Air) (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Building not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
* either a current* ADAS Occupational Deep SSBA Diver certificate (Part 3) or an approved equivalent with 100 logged offshore SSBA dives (40 of which may be onshore Deep SSBA dives if undertaken to offshore conditions)
* ADAS Occupational Deep SSBA Supervisor/ADAS SSBA 50m Onshore Supervisor
* A valid certificate of medical fitness to dive issued, after examination, by a doctor trained and experienced in underwater medicine that remains valid until the scheduled completion of the training. If medically unfit to dive the student may undertake the course within 3 years of their last dive.
* either a recognised current Diver Medic Technician certificate, or a current First Aid certificate from an ADAS accredited training organisation, or a recognised equivalent, certified within 3 years of the scheduled training completion and with CPR and oxygen resuscitation skills that have been refreshed within 12 months of the scheduled training completion
* understand written and verbal communications in English and communicate effectively in English with other persons (this requirement will be evidenced by successful completion of the ADAS LLN test required for Part 1 and 2 entry, or alternative for entry to an approved equivalent)
* demonstrate sufficient maturity, leadership, management skills and the ability to provide support to other groups of workers.**
*If the applicant's qualification has not been current for a period of five years or more, the candidate must (prior to commencing training) make application to ADAS for approval to undertake training. That application is to demonstrate the student's current competency and proficiency in the diving industry equal to or exceeding that which would be expected of a current diver to that level. Only upon receiving written confirmation from ADAS is the student to commence training.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this micro-credential is to build on offshore diving certification through training and assessment of the theory and background knowledge and for safe and competent on-site offshore dive supervision and management, paying specific attention to occupational health and safety law, hazard ID and risk assessment and management of dive emergencies relevant to the offshore environment. The course includes assessment of the planning and supervision of actual or simulated dives and communication with actual dive teams. The course lays the ground work for students to commence the requisite offshore industry experience under the close supervision of an appropriately qualified supervisor.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ