New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Advanced)
New Zealand Institute of Education
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this qualification is:
* To provide competent employees for the hotel sector who are able to work as supervisors overseeing the housekeeping, portering or reception areas in a hotel.
* To provide competent employees for the food and beverage sector who are able to work as supervisors of food and beverage service operations in a bar or club, restaurant or establishment providing functions.
* To provide competent employees for the catering services sector who are able to work as supervisors in a small team or work sole charge in Catering Services in hospitals, aged care facilities, student hostels, sporting and entertainment venues, cook chill production kitchens and mobile catering businesses of various sizes.
* To provide competent employees for the quick service restaurant sector who are able to work as an assistant manager and/or manager in a Quick Service Restaurant.
* To provide for those individuals who are employed as supervisors of accommodation services, food and beverage service operations, catering services operations, or quick service restaurant operations a credential that will enhance their employment opportunities across a range of establishments in the hospitality sector.
* To establish standards of professional practice that can provide customers with confidence in a range of hospitality environments. The strands in this qualification allow graduates to specialise in a specific hospitality sector.
Key Information for Students
Domestic and International Learners must be over 18 years of age or over and must have: a) A national qualification in hospitality at level 3 or 4 or equivalent AND/OR b) Equivalent work experience in hospitality of a minimum of 2-4 years (equivalent to course content at level 3 or level 4) Learners who have English as a second language must have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5.0, TOEFL Module-Based Test (pBT ) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE), TOEFL Internet-Based Test (iBT) score of 79 or higher (with a writing score of 20), University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations FCE or CAE with a score of 47 or higher, and/or NZCEL Level 4 with academic endorsement or the equivalent. All applicants will be required to complete an NZIE 'Enrolment Form' and may be interviewed in person or via Skype to evaluate their suitability for the course.
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$27,240 - $42,629|
|In further study||20%|
|On a benefit||6%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Zonta Club of South Auckland Area Study Award
Up to $5000
AUT -Wuhan University Semester Fees Scholarship
See "Additional Information"
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
62-64 Anzac Street
Level 1, CO0912 & CO0910
Fountain Lane North
Botany Town Centre
601 Great South Road
New Zealand Institute of Education
28 Hurstmere Road
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.