Bachelor of Design (Interiors)
Otago Polytechnic Ltd
Graphic Arts and Design Studies
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
Graduates will attain a recognised qualification suitable for entry to careers within the interior design industry that require design and design-related, specialist skills, including Interior design, redesign or modification; Design team contribution, in areas of interior design, design support, and manufacture of furniture and fittings; CAD operator; Project management; Shop-fitting, and office partitioning; Exhibition and display design; Kitchen and bathroom design; Hospital, health care and retirement design; Interior retail and consultancy; Professional or middle management occupations within the interior design industry.
As well as being qualified for entry into employment in the above areas, graduates will have:
- Sound knowledge, understanding, and practical experience of the process of design
- Understanding of applied research and development processes in interior design fit-out and manufacture
- A demonstrated practical ability to operate knowledgeably, productively and professionally in an interior design working environment
- A demonstrated understanding of the complex and dynamic technological, social, economic, cultural and political environments in which design activities are undertaken
- Developed the interpersonal capabilities needed for a career which requires co-operation and participation in teamwork and group decision-making activities
- A clear local, national and international view of design and manufacturing issues.
For more information refer Otago Polytechnic http://www.otagopolytechnic.ac.nz
Key Information for Students
Minimum academic entry requirement is NCEA Level 3. Evidence of creative ability to be provided in a submitted portfolio of work.
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$30,019 - $46,994|
|In further study||14%|
|On a benefit||3%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Fuji Xerox AUT Undergraduate Scholarship
Auckland University of Technology
Ngā Ara Mātua Scholarship
Victoria University of Wellington - The Scholarships Office
$2500 - This scholarship can be used for tuition fees and/or accommodation
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.