Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Therapy
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design
Graphic Arts and Design Studies
Total student fees
over 1 Year - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The principal aims of the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Therapy course are to:
* prepare students with previous clinical or other professional qualifications to integrate arts therapy theory and practice into their professional role; OR
* prepare students without previous clinical experience for further study towards a range of roles in the Arts Therapy professions;
* encourage students to apply their creative and scholarly abilities to healing and self-development through the arts;
* explore the relationship between theories about the human psyche and Arts Therapy practice;
* equip students with a knowledge base for effective Arts Therapy research and further Arts Therapy study;
* enable students to extend their creative abilities in the arts; and
* develop students' critical skills and foster a mature understanding of the relationships between their work and society
Key Information for Students
Applicants must have an appropriate undergraduate degree or equivalent educational and professional experience.
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$42,996 - $65,706|
|In further study||53%|
|On a benefit||1%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
D&AD Rare AUT Scholarship
Victoria University of Wellington - The Scholarships Office
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
24 Balfour Road
52 Oxford Street
120 Madras Street
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.