Giving great school presentations
Questions to help prepare a presentation
Before you prepare to give a presentation with a school, here are some key questions to ask yourself:
- What do students already know about your industry?
- What do you want students to know about your work?
- What will be meaningful to students?
- What are some interesting facts about what you do?
- How does your work solve problems in the world?
- What is changing in your industry?
- What skills do students need to work in your industry?
- What tertiary training do students need to work in your industry?
- What do you like about what you do?
- How can you include questions and activities into your presentation?
Employer tips for school presentations
Spark excitement with Industry Big Day Outs - video
Industry Big Day Outs, run by Careers New Zealand, are a fun way to present your business to students.
75 students of Year 10 to Year 13 in Whangarei were inspired to explore opportunities in Northland's growing horticulture and agriculture sector at the Careers New Zealand Industry Big Day Out. (Video - 3:12 minutes)
Find out more
Careers New Zealand website
Updated 25 Jan 2019