Victoria Students' Psychology Society (VSPS) Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 19 August 2020
Closing date for applications 19 August
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Two awards are available.
Purpose of award
The VSPS constitution states “The Psychology Society offers a range of events that enrich the study of psychology, bring together students at all levels of study, and foster a relationship between students and academic staff outside the classrooms.
* This scholarship is open to all members (both undergraduate and postgraduate) of the VSPS from any field of study.
* Applicants must be enrolled in at least one Psychology paper during the year of application.
* Applicant must be a fully paid member of the VSPS at the closing date for applications.
* Applicants must have at least a B average (GPA of 5).
* Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been awarded the VSPS Scholarship.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Successful applicants will be expected to present the VSPS with a signed report detailing how the award was spent. VSPS reserves the right to use the names and photographs of successful applicants for promotional purposes.
The panel may contact applicants for further information regarding their application.
How do students apply?
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation:
A statement outlining applicant's commitment to the ideals of the VSPS, outside of their involvement in the society
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The number of new scholarships to be awarded is determined annually.
The successful applicants will be selected by a panel consisting of the VSPS President, Psychology VSPS Staff Liaison and a representative of the Scholarships Office.
History or background of award
The VSPS Scholarship was set up in 2014 to recognise society members who strive to uphold the values of the VSPS. The VSPS constitution states “The Psychology Society offers a range of events that enrich the study of psychology, bring together students at all levels of study, and foster a relationship between students and academic staff outside the classrooms . The society also provides students with information relevant to their degrees”.
* The panels will be looking for applicants that have, in any way, made life within the School of Psychology a more social, cultural, and enjoyable experience.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in May 2020.