AUT International Excellence Scholarship - South Asia
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
NZD$5,000Contribution to fees
Closing dates for applications
Next: 16 April 2023
November - Sem 1 intakeApril - Sem 2 intake
Length of award
The scholarship is awarded for one year only.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) provides this scholarship to recognise and support top achieving international students from South Asia in their journey in becoming great graduates of AUT.
1. Applicants must be new full-fee paying international students. See additional notes.
2. Applicants must be citizens of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives.
3. Applicants must have a current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study an eligible AUT programme commencing in 2023. See additional notes.
4. Applicants cannot be previous AUT students. This includes those who are applying for a higher-level programme (e.g. an AUT bachelor’s degree graduate applying for a master’s programme).
5. Students who have already commenced studies at AUT are not eligible to apply.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
1. The scholarship cannot be deferred.
2. The scholarship cannot be held concurrently with the New Zealand AUT-NCUK Scholarship.
3. This scholarship cannot be held by students whose studies are being fully sponsored by either a home government or the NZ government.
4. Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic standing and conduct during the tenure of the scholarship.
How do students apply?
Applicants must complete the AUT International Excellence Scholarship - South Asia application online through the scholarships database on the AUT website: www.aut.ac.nz/scholarships.
Applicants are required to upload:
a) A current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study an eligible AUT programme commencing in 2023.
b) Detailed academic transcript for the most recent qualification, complete with grading scale.
c) Completion certificate (e.g. bachelor’s degree certificate).
d) Their AUT student ID in the box provided on the application form.
All documentation must be uploaded by the closing date otherwise the application will be considered ineligible.
Applicants are required to declare if they have applied for other scholarships both internally (i.e. awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g. government scholarships). The selection committee will take this into consideration.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the University Scholarships Office when the selection committee have made their decisions.
1. A selection committee comprising of representatives from AUT International will assess the applications.
2. Applications will be shortlisted and awarded by AUT on the recommendation of the selection committee.
3. Selection will be based on demonstrated academic excellence.
4. The country of origin of the applicant may be considered by the selection committee to align with AUT’s strategic aims.
1. Eligible programmes are bachelor’s degree level or above (excluding doctoral) and 120 points or more in duration.
2. International students are not citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia.
3. The scholarship will be paid as a compulsory fees credit towards the first year of study at AUT.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2022.