Heartland Bank Freemasons Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$6,000 - one per Division.
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 February 2022
Closed 1st February 2020. Reopening 1st October 2020
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
These scholarships are to assist children or grandchildren of Freemasons, who are able students, and active in their communities.
Applicants for the scholarships must be a child or grandchild of a Freemason and must:
1. Have a good academic record and be attending or just completed study at a secondary school or college: years 11 to 14
2. Be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Permanent New Zealand Residency; and
3. Demonstrate good citizenship and be involved in some form of community activity.
4. Submit a 100 word essay on 'how this award will assist me in achieving my academic goals'.
5. If successful utilise funds in furthering individual education
6. Be able to attend a Divisional presentation and associated promotional activities.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Freemasons reserve the right to use the names, photographs and details of successful scholars for promotional purposes. In addition, all scholars will be required to attend an award presentation on May.
How do students apply?
Family association with Freemason is a requirement for the award of this scholarship.
Scholarship Details on Freemasons website
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Presentations are usually made at each Divisional Conference.
A Selection Committee is appointed in each university district.
History or background of award
The Heartland Bank Freemasons Scholarships are provided annually by Heartland Bank and are administered by The Freemasons Charity.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Freemasons New Zealand - National Office
PO Box 6439, Wellington 6141
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in November 2020.