School of Food & Advanced Technology First Year Undergraduate Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 December 2020
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Up to 10
Purpose of award
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage students to enrol in an Engineering, Food Technology, or Nutritional Science degree at Massey University.
Applicants must be eligible, and intending, to enrol:
• For full time study (minimum of 105 credits)
• In the first year (i.e. 100 level) of a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) (all majors) or a Bachelor of Food Technology (Hons) (all majors) or a BSc (Nutritional Science major) in the year following the award of the Scholarship
• At either Auckland or Manawatu campuses
Selection will be made on the basis of:
• Academic excellence
• Extracurricular achievement or involvement in science, nutritional science, engineering or food technology activities
• Leadership: Both in and out of school, as evidenced by leadership roles, skills and qualities, development and growth.
How do students apply?
Log in to the student portal. Select the scholarships tab and choose ‘Make an application’.
You must complete the admission process before you can apply for a scholarship. Read the section for Prospective students on our How to apply page.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Payments will be made in one instalment following the official withdrawal date in Semester One.
The scholarship will be awarded by the Head of the School of Food & Advanced Technology, College of Sciences, Massey University, who will constitute a selection panel comprising senior academic staff from the school.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
0800 62 77 39
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2019.