Ikawai Community Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Varies, could be up to $5000
Closing dates for applications
Next: 16 October 2022
Usually 16 October - please see "Ikawai Community Scholarship" Facebook page
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Made for the provision of financial assistance, support and relief for students or others for the purposes of their education and placement or advancement in life.
Available to students or others who are either resident in the Ikawai Bus District Area or who have had a sufficient association with the area, in the opinion of the trustees, regardless of where the person resides now or where such education may be undertaken. The association with the Ikawai District may be through historical family ties or other past history.
These students or others may be any person regardless of age who is receiving or who wishes to receive an education for their benefit in life or to assist others by such education.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• Successful applicants are required to complete a report by the end of the year or earlier; whichever might be appropriate to the circumstances.
• The scholarship is subject to the person pursuing the course applied for and repayment may be required in event of withdrawal or other change or ineffectiveness.
How do students apply?
Please see "Ikawai Community Scholarship" Facebook page
Complete the Ikawai Community Scholarship application form.
• Attach a full Curriculum Vitae, with contact details of three referees, and any other applicable documentation.
• Be available for interview either in person or by phone if required.
Scholarship Facebook Page
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Short-listed applicants will be required for personal or telephone interview by the trustees or selection panel.
The award of the scholarship(s) shall be made on the recommendation of a Selection Committee consisting of at least two independent nominees and a representative of the Ikawai Bus Trust.
History or background of award
With the closure of the Ikawai School in 1997, the will of many people in the District, both past and present, was to set up a scholarship as a living memorial, to support continual learning for the better of individuals and society generally, thus continuing the spirit of Ikawai education.
We encourage those persons with an association with the Ikawai District who are involved in education and /or training, to apply for this Scholarship, which has been set up to honour the historical value of education and the general advancement of life valued traditionally by residents of the Ikawai District.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Ikawai Community Scholarship Fund C/-
PO Box 64, Waimate
+64 3 689 8551
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in March 2022.