Methanex Undergraduate Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 August 2021
31 August in the year preceding the first year of tenure.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The scholarships are for 2nd year University Students that are entering their 3rd year of study at a NZ university.
The Scholarships are open for students who:
• are New Zealand citizens who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand; and
• are in their 2nd year and enrolled (or have the intention of enrolling) in their 3rd year of a Bachelor in Engineering (BE) in either (Mechanical) (Electrical) (Process) (Control Systems) or (Reliability) or an applicable Bachelor degree specializing in (Health, Safety & Environment) or (Process Safety Management) at a New Zealand University; and
• undertake to remain enrolled at a New Zealand University until completing their undergraduate degree programme; and
• have a passion for pursuing a career in the petroleum industry in New Zealand upon graduating; and
• intend to seek a career in New Zealand for at least three years upon completion of their undergraduate study.
The student's 3rd year of study must commence within three months of receiving this Scholarship. Students may hold other scholarships, prizes or awards (unless the conditions of the other awards preclude it), but these must be disclosed to PSANZ. Students undertaking a gap year between 2nd and 3rd years of university study may also apply during the gap year.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions.
How do students apply?
Applications must be accompanied by a current CV (outlining academic achievement and any extracurricular activities, including sport and community initiatives), a brief statement outlining why an Applicant is interested in this opportunity and what their career goals and aspirations are, a certified copy of an academic transcript, a certified copy of a Birth Certificate and a recent passport size photograph.
Methanex Information Sheet
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The short-listed candidates will be contacted by either telephone or email and will be required to attend an interview (or a tele-interview depending on the circumstances) with a Methanex Selection panel. Candidates that are not shortlisted will be informed by email that they have not progressed to the next stage.
A Selection Committee made of individuals appointed by the Board of PSANZ and Methanex will review the applications.
History or background of award
Methanex is an active and enthusiastic contributor to the social and cultural development of the local communities where it operates through a variety of social responsibility programs.
As part of their community contributions Methanex offers two annual Scholarships for Future Leaders in Engineering (Electrical) (Mechanical) (Process) (Control Systems) (Reliability)
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Petroleum Skills Association NZ
PO Box 454, New Plymouth 4310
(06) 757 5995
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2020.