Fitzroy Engineering University of Canterbury Engineering Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 August 2020
15 Aug 2020
Length of award
Up to two years
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
This scholarship supports undergraduate Engineering students at the University of Canterbury who completed a university entrance qualification in the Taranaki Region.
Full-time enrolment in a first and second year of a programme for a BE(Hons) (see clause 2.2) in:
• Chemical and Process Engineering;
• Civil Engineering;
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering;
• Mechanical Engineering; or
• Natural Resources Engineering
Applicants must be completing a university entrance qualification in the Taranaki region in the year of application (or, in the case of a gap year, in the year immediately prior).
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• The scholarship must be taken up in the year following the year of application for the scholarship.
• Unless otherwise specified in the offer letter, an offer of a scholarship lapses if it is not formally accepted within one calendar month of the date of the offer.
• In the event where a recipient’s enrolment no longer meets the conditions specified in clause 2.2, the scholarship will be withdrawn and any paid funds may be recovered.
• By accepting the award, recipients permit publication and announcement of their acceptance, andindicate that they are willing to engage in University community activities, such as student mentoring, acting as University ambassadors, and being involved with Fitzroy and University publicity as appropriate.
• Continuation of the scholarship is conditional on satisfactory academic progress and adherence to the University’s statutes and regulations.
How do students apply?
The scholarship is awarded by the Council of the University on the recommendation of a selection committee comprising:
a. Tan Sri Dr Ngau Boon Keat (or nominee);
b. the Chief Executive of Fitzroy Engineering;
c. the College of Engineering Dean (Academic) (or nominee); and
d. a representative of the University of Canterbury Foundation
History or background of award
The scholarship was established in 2013 thanks to the generosity of distinguished Malaysian alumnus Ngau Boon Keat and the support of Fitzroy Engineering Ltd, New Plymouth.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in May 2020.