Engineering Admission Fees Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 August 2022
Length of award
To support first year students.
Number of awards offered
Up to one
Purpose of award
The purpose of these Scholarships is to provide financial support to first-year students studying at the University of Waikato in the Faculty of Science and Engineering who are performing well academically in their final year of secondary school.
To be eligible, candidates must:
• be completing their secondary schooling in the year prior to taking up the Scholarship;
• be intending to enrol full-time in the first year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree (BE(Hons) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
• have performed at a high standard in relevant subject areas in the National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 2 or equivalent.
• be a New Zealand citizen or have right to permanent residency.
• Students who are taking a 'gap year' in 2015 may also be considered for the Scholarship, providing they meet the eligibility criteria above.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The offer of a Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicate in the letter of offer.
How do students apply?
Along with the prescribed application form, each applicant must submit:
• a brief CV (maximum two A4 pages);
• a brief personal statement (maximum of one A4 page) identifying why they wish to study the engineering programme they intend to enrol in and how their background (academic and/or work/life experience) is helping them prepare for this study; and,
• a full NCEA record of achievement or equivalent.
Apply ONLINE here
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient gaining University Entrance or equivalent and enrolling in one of the engineering programmes offered by the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Up to one scholarship will be offered to candida tes enrolling in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree in Software Engineering offered by the Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences.
The Selection Panel will be the Faculty of Science and Engineering's Associae Dean of Teaching and learning (Chair), the Faculty's representative on the Scholarships Committee, Head of School - Engineering (or nominee), and a representative appointed by the Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Siences.
History or background of award
Scholarship offered by Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarships Committee may terminate a Scholarship at any time and recoup any funds awarded if it is not satisfied that the recipient is following the required programme or is not otherwise complying with the conditions of the Scholarship and/or the regulations of the Univesity of Waikato. The holder of a scholarship shall have the right to appeal to the Education Committee against any decision to terminate the award.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2020.