Freemasons Willson Lewis
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$6,000 tolwards the fees
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 October 2020
Purpose of award
The aim of the scholarship is to assist those aspiring to broaden their career and become involved in the wider construction industry in the Manawatu and Whanganui regions.
• Work and live in the district covered by the Manawatu Branch and Whanganui Branch of Master Builders New Zealand;
• Have completed an apprenticeship within the construction industry, and be in the employ of a registered Master Builder in the above district;
• Have completed no less than two years in the construction industry after completion of an apprenticeship;
• Plan to complete the programme within 5-years of commencing to receive the full scholarship;
• Be a New Zealand citizen or hold permanent New Zealand residency;
• Demonstrate a will to succeed in the building trade;
•Have leadership skills; and
• Have proven community commitment
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The scholarship will be applied directly to the student’s fee and be split equally over the number of papers per programme.
How do students apply?
Applications must be made on the application form.
For further details and additional copies of the application email firstname.lastname@example.org
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Submit completed applications to:
PO Box 5105
Regulations and Application Form
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The successful applicant will be announced at an event held at UCOL in November, and study will commence at UCOL in February the following year.
As part of the application process, applicants will be required to attend a 30 minute interview in the week commencing 21st October.
History or background of award
The Manawatu Kilwinning Lodge No. 47, in conjunction with the Master Builders and Universal College of Learning, are pleased to offer scholarships for further study to qualified trades people in the construction industry.
The student must complete the programme within 5-years to receive the full scholarship.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in July 2020.