Kitchener Memorial Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 December 2021
1 December at 5pm every year
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
To undertake an agricultural course at a New Zealand university.
Applicants must be:
1. past or present members of the Armed Forces or children of past or present members of the Armed Forces who have seen active service and who, at the time of enlistment, were domiciled in New Zealand, whether actually resident there or not; or
2. past or present members of the Armed Forces or children of past or present members of the Armed Forces to whom the above does not apply; or
3. persons resident in New Zealand for a period of not less than three years immediately before the award of the scholarship.
These criteria will be applied in descending order of precedence.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
* Applications must be accompanied by a certified copy of a full birth certificate (Certified Copy of Entry in the Register Book of Births), i.e. not a Certificate of Date of Birth.
* Applicants must also provide details of their claim to categories 1 or 2. This can be a Service Number, Discharge Certificate, or Certificate of Service. (State which branch of the Armed Forces.)
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Decisions are made in February and candidates will be notified by phone or email.
Representatives of the Universities New Zealand-Te Pokai Tara Scholarships Committee or their nominees.
History or background of award
The Kitchener Memorial Scholarship fund offers scholarships to past or present members of the Armed Forces or their children.
The selection committee's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into following the selection meeting.
Given the limitation on available funds the Kitchener Memorial Trustees have not been in a position to make awards to persons in category 3 in recent years. It is not expected that this situation will change.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2020.