C.H.Croker Memorial Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 May 2020
No later than 4.30pm
Length of award
The period of tenure is one year. Previous holders of the award may apply for the award in a subsequent year
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
One scholarship is available annually to a full time student of Lincoln University who has successfully completed at least one year of academic study, and who is enrolled in a degree or diploma related to agriculture.
Special Selection Criteria
* Must have lived in the Wairarapa region
* Must be undertaking a degree or diploma related to Agriculture
* Must have successfully completed at least one year of study at Lincoln University in an Agricultural Degree or Diploma.
* Must intend to undertake a career in farming.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Available to New Zealand/Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident Students.
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
The scholarship is to be awarded by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendation of a selection committee, which shall comprise:
A member of the Croker family or nominee,
A staff member in the Agricultural and Life Sciences Division, and
The Convener of the Lincoln University Scholarships Committee or nominee.
History or background of award
This award was established in memory of the late C.H. Croker and is intended to recognise students enrolled in agricultural based programmes at Lincoln University who come from the Wairarapa region
The scholarship shall be tenable with any other scholarship, bursary or award unless the conditions of the other award preclude it, however applicants without other scholarship funding may be given preference.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
PO Box850 84, Lincoln University, Lincoln , Christchurch 7647, New Zealand
(+64 3 3252 811 ext 8748 or 8582
+64 3 325 3840
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in March 2020.