Jeanette Scott Award
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 April 2021
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
This award is for a woman in the Otago or Southland regions who is studying in and preparing for a career in education.
Applicants must be living and studying in the Otago or Southland regions and undertaking a New Zealand tertiary qualification at degree level. The award is for women who have commenced and are progressing their programme of study in education.
The awards are a one-off grant to help with study and/or living expenses during study.
To apply for this NHWT:HK Specific Purpose Award you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
The applicant is a woman, who:
· Is enrolled in a NZ approved tertiary qualification
· Is studying at a degree level or higher (NZQA Level 7 or more)
· Is undertaking a teaching qualification or education related programme of study.
· Has completed at least one full year of a teacher education degree or is undertaking a post-graduate course in teaching and learning, or has completed one full year of an education related degree programme
· Is studying and living in the Otago and/or Southland region of New Zealand
· Is a New Zealand citizen or holds a resident class visa
· Has not previously received a NHWT:HK Award at this level of study
How do students apply?
Application Opens 01/03/2021
Complete an online application form at http://www.newhorizonsforwomen.org.nz/awards
1. A completed online application form
2. Academic record of learning or equivalent
3. Confirmation of enrolment or equivalent
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Once the selection process is completed, all applicants will be notified of the outcome. This is expected to be mid-June with awards presented in July/August.
The awards are assessed by a convened panel of appropriately skilled volunteers who make recommendations to the NHWTHK Trust board for ratification.
History or background of award
The Jeanette Scott Award is being sponsored by Graduate Women Otago in celebration of the 150th anniversary of the University of Otago.
In deciding the award preference will be given to eligible women studying teaching at early childhood, primary or secondary school level, and then, other education related courses
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in January 2021.