Accommodation scholarships for undergraduate students
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 21 August 2020
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Accommodation scholarships support new students enrolling at Massey University. Applicants should have a record of academic excellence, leadership, and community engagement and contribution.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Intending to enrol for full-time study and for a full academic year.
- Applied to live in student accommodation at either Massey University's Auckland or Manawatū campus.
- Live in a hall of residence for the year following the award of the scholarship.
- Be a New Zealand Resident and school leaver.
- Study at Massey University's Auckland or Manawatū campus.
- Must be a new Massey undergraduate student who has not studied at another tertiary institution, irrespective of country.
- Must be prepared to enter into a residential agreement with Massey University Student Accommodation Auckland or Student Accommodation Manawatū.
All applicants need to meet the entry criteria for the programme they intend to enrol in at Massey University.
School leavers must be able to:
- demonstrate leadership at school or within the community, and
- provide a personal statement or testimony, written by the applicant, including a justification as to why they - should be considered for the scholarship.
If a scholarship recipient leaves Massey's student accommodation for any reason, their scholarship will be terminated immediately and a lump sum applied to their account on a pro-rata basis and they will be required to pay this sum immediately before departure.
How do students apply?
To submit your application scan and email it through to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the address below:
Contact details: Massey Halls Manawatū
C/O The Residential Services Office
Cnr University Avenue & Rehab Road
Palmerston North, 4442
t. +64 6 350 5056
Massey Halls Auckland -Te Ōhanga Village
Te Rito Building
Massey University Albany, Gate 1
t. +64 9 213 6555
Scholarship Page and Regulations
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Successful students will be notified by email after 5th October 2019
The Accommodation Scholarship Review Team is responsible for awarding the accommodation scholarships. The Accommodation Scholarship Panel reserves the right to not award all scholarships in a year if there are no or insufficient suitable candidates apply.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
0800 62 77 39
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in June 2020.