Massey University Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship

Related scholarships

On this page

What does the scholarship get me?

$7,000 pa

Closing dates for applications

Next: 20 August 2020

20 Aug 2019. This scholarship is currently not open for application.

Length of award

Three Years

Number of awards offered


Purpose of award

This scholarship was established to support new students enrolling at Massey University with a previous record of academic excellence, leadership, and community engagement and contribution.

Selection criteria

All applicants must be eligible, and intending, to enrol:

• for either full-time (minimum of 105 credits) or part-time (minimum of 45 credits) study;
• in the first year (i.e., 100 level) of a Bachelor degree programme;
• in the year following the award of the scholarship;
• at any Massey University campus.

All applicants need to meet the entry criteria for the programme that they intend to enrol in at Massey University.

School leaver applicants with NCEA should have achieved an endorsement of Excellence across a range of subjects.

School leavers with other qualifications (e.g., International Baccalaureate, Cambridge) and non-school leaver applicants in this category must be able to demonstrate equivalent competence.

How do students apply?

Application forms can be completed here:
Application Form

Decision makers

The University Scholarships Committee is responsible for the awarding of scholarships based on the recommendation of the appointed selection committee comprised of the Chair of the University Scholarships Committee or nominee, two other members of the University Scholarships Committee, a member of External Relations and Development, and one Māori or Pasifika academic staff member.

For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact

Massey University
Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
0800 62 77 39


Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in June 2020.