Victoria University of Wellington Study Abroad Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 May 2020
Two rounds per year: 1 May (for Trimester 2) and 1 December (for Trimester 1)
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Up to 15 scholarships awarded eachtrimester
Purpose of award
The scholarship is open to international students who plan to experience the New Zealand culture through a Study Abroad programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Successful applicants must be willing to participate in marketing activities to promote Study Abroad opportunities to students from their home countries while at Victoria University of Wellington.
Holistic consideration is given to experiences, attributes, backgrounds and academic achievements.
* Have applied to study abroad at Victoria University of Wellington as an international student and hold an Offer to study by the application deadline.
* Hold a minimum GPA of 2.7 (out of 4).
* Commence study in the trimester and year indicated in their offer of the scholarship. The Scholarship may not be deferred.
This scholarship may be held in conjunction with other scholarships, stipends and grants.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• This scholarship is available to students enrolling at Victoria on a Study Abroad programme for one or two trimesters. Domestic students and non-study abroad international students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
• All offers of the scholarship will be conditional upon a recipient being fully enrolled in a study abroad the trimester following application. No payment of the scholarship will be made until this condition has been met.
• The scholarship cannot be deferred to a later trimester.
• All offers of the scholarship will be conditional upon a recipient holding a valid and current passport and correct New Zealand international student visa.
• Students agree to take part in up to five marketing activities to promote Study Abroad opportunities at Victoria.
• As brand ambassadors, students agree to represent Victoria positively.
• At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the scholarship.
• Students who withdraw from their studies at Victoria before the end of their planned study abroad period may be required to reimburse the scholarship funds. Recipients who withdraw during their study abroad are required to notify the Scholarships Office of their withdrawal.
• Recipients must comply with University regulations and may have their scholarship withdrawn if they fail to maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by the University or if they are suspended from the University.
• Recipients may have their scholarship withdrawn if they fail to comply with the conditions of acceptance of the scholarship.
• Recipients must gain international admission to their programme of study and fully enrol as international students.
• The scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards. It is the recipient’s responsibility to ensure they are able to hold the scholarship in conjunction with any additional awards/scholarships according to the terms and conditions of these.
How do students apply?
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Successful applicants will be selected by the Assistant Vice-Chancellor International, Associate Director, International Business Development and Recruitment, Victoria International and the Regional Manager for North America, Victoria International (or nominees).
History or background of award
This scholarship offers financial assistance to international students who plan to experience the New Zealand culture through a Study Abroad programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Here is the link to the Study Abroad programme.
The value of the scholarship is up to NZ$1,000 to each successful applicants as a one off payment towards the student's Study Abroad tuition fee.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in March 2020.