Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive Accommodation Scholarship - NZ Māori Students 2022
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Full rental rebate Semester 2 2022
Closing dates for applications
Next: 17 June 2022
Open until all spaces filled
Length of award
One semester only
Number of awards offered
Up to 30
Purpose of award
The scholarship guarantees accommodation at AUT’s Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility located minutes from the AUT city campus, regardless of whether you currently live in Auckland, or beyond. The student accommodation offers a safe and secure location with an on-site pastoral care programme and 24/7 concierge. Say goodbye to travel expenses and long commutes and get ready to build lasting friendships and study with like-minded students.
The scholarship will be paid directly to AUT’s Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility operated by UniLodge.
1) Applicants must be NZ Citizens or permanent residents of NZ Māori descent (Cook Island Māori are not eligible to apply) and declare this ethnicity when applying for admission to AUT.
2) Applicants for the Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive Accommodation Scholarship must be applying for the first time to enrol full-time at AUT in a pre-degree or undergraduate degree programme. Please refer to an AUT Prospectus or our website for programmes and courses available at AUT - www.aut.ac.nz.
3) Applicants must have applied for and received an offer of place (conditional or unconditional) to a full-time programme of study (not less than 120 points) at pre-degree or undergraduate degree level commencing Semester 2, 2022.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Applicants must agree to a Residential Contract to reside at Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility.
If awarded, applicants must be Covid-19 fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated should NZ Government, AUT or Accommodation provider settings require vaccination.
Refer to the Regulations via link on this page for all terms and conditions.
How do students apply?
Applications are open 12th May 2022 and close when all 30 places are filled. Applicants must complete the Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive Accommodation Scholarship NZ Māori - Application online through the AUT Scholarships Database from this link.
Applicants will be required to upload:
1. Offer of Place in a minimum 120 point pre-degree or undergraduate programme of study commencing Semester 2, 2022.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified via email from the University Scholarships Office as soon as the panel have made their decision.
The panel comprises representatives from AUT recruitment and Office of Māori Advancement.
History or background of award
The Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive Accommodation Scholarship is designed to support NZ Māori students who have enrolled full-time in an AUT pre-degree or undergraduate programme for the first time in Semester 2, 2022. The scholarship recognises the impacts of Covid 19 for prospective domestic students entering tertiary study, aiming to reduce the burden of living and travel expenses while completing full-time study at AUT for the first time.
If awarded, applicants will be asked to provide documentation confirming tuition fee payment is covered for semester 2, 2022. This confirmation can include fees free, student loan or alternate arrangements.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in May 2022.