Fuji Xerox Future Leaders Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$30,000. See additional information
Closing dates for applications
Next: 30 November 2020
30 Nov 2019
Length of award
3 years, subject to academic progress (see criteria).
Number of awards offered
· Applicants must have NCEA level 2 endorsed with Merit or have University Entrance or equivalent and intend to enrol full-time in their first year of undergraduate study at Victoria University of Wellington in the year following application
· Applicants must be under the age of 25 years on 1 December in the year of application
· Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status.
· Applicants must be intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree under the Victoria Business School, or, one of the following degrees: a Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Software Engineering, Cybersecurity Engineering or Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering; or a Bachelor of Science majoring in Computer Science.
· The donor is looking for a young person who demonstrates leadership qualities and who is intending to follow a career in their chosen field of study.
· Academic merit will be the main-focus when assessing applications, but as a secondary consideration, preference may be given to students experiencing financial hardship.
· Students must maintain a B+ average GPA in order to maintain the scholarship
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
· Recipients are asked to write a letter of thanks to the donor
· This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with other full fee-paying awards
· Recipients may be asked to attend a presentation evening for this scholarship with the donor. The recipients may also be asked to participate in promotional activities around this scholarship
How do students apply?
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
The recipient will be selected by a committee comprising of the Dean of Engineering, or their nominee, the Dean of the Business School, or their nominee, in consultation with representatives from Fuji Xerox.
History or background of award
As part of their outreach in supporting the best and brightest students to achieve in tertiary education, and onward into fulfilling careers, Fuji Xerox are offering three scholarships to Victoria University of Wellington students. These scholarships are designed to be fully comprehensive, and will support a student right the way through from their first year to their third year of study.
The value of the scholarship is $30,000, at $10,000 per year for three years. In the first year, $5,000 to be paid toward accommodation, and $5,000 to be paid as a stipend. For the second and third years, $5,000 toward either tuition fees or accommodation, and $5,000 as a stipend.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2020.