E Rewa Begg Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 March 2022
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
To assist able students in financial difficulty to undertake undergraduate study within the School of Business at the University of Otago.
Applicants must be ;
* undertaking a full time course of study within the School of Business
* embarking on the second year of the course of the degree of Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The scholarship may be held for one year but, provided funds permit in any year, may be extended subject to satisfactory academic progress and to evidence of financial need.
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
As soon as possible after the closing date.
The scholarship shall be awarded by the University Council.
History or background of award
Established in 1989 by deed of gift from Eileen Rewa Begg.
The scholarship may be held concurrently with any other form of financial assistance for which a candidate is eligible.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
University of Otago
PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054
(03) 479 5291
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in April 2020.