Zonta International Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 August 2022
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field.
Women undertaking a business or business-related programme who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field and are living or studying in a Zonta region/district are eligible. One-line students are also eligible. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to apply for the scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Be undertaking a business and/or business-related programme at an accredited university/college/institute.
• Enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate programme through the final year of a Master’s programme at the time the application is submitted (applicants must still be attending university to receive this award).
• Achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business-related subjects.
• Demonstrated initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
• Living or studying in a Zonta region/district.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• For domestic and foreign recipients studying in the United States, scholarship funds used for tuition, books, fees, supplies or required equipment for the programme of study are not considered taxable income. Withholding taxes may be required on funds used for living expenses or other non-qualified expenses.
• Recipients are not permitted to defer the Scholarship. Zonta International will consider a new application the following year, but no preferential consideration will be given to the second application.
• Recipients may accept additional grants and scholarships from other sources.
For other conditions, please refer to the Application Form.
How do students apply?
The application process must start with a Zonta club. All application materials must be received at a Zonta club by the deadline printed on the application. If you download the application from the Zonta International website, you must contact a Zonta club for deadline information. Please locate the Zonta club nearest you using the Club Locator or email your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters at email@example.com.
Please refer to the application form for the list of documents that need to be submitted along with the application form.
JMK 2021 Recommendation Letter Cover Sheet
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The Club Evaluation Committee will consider applications and select the club awardee. Applications selected by Zonta Clubs are sent to their respective Zonta Governors. A District Evaluation Committee selects one applicant per district to submit to Zonta International Headquarters. The Zonta International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Committee selects twelve international recipients from the district applications.
Zonta Evaluation Committees.
History or background of award
Established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Contact your Local Zonta Club
Zonta Club of Wellington
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in July 2021.