FMG Agricultural Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 5 December 2019
Applications open each year on 1 October and close on 5 December.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
FMG is committed to supporting rural achievement, which is why we lend a hand to two promising agriculture students at Massey, Waikato or Lincoln each year.
We’ll put $5,000 towards course fees for each year of study in one of the following degrees*:
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Commerce (Agriculture)
- Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology
- Bachelor of AgriScience
- Bachelor of AgriCommerce
- Bachelor of Science (Agriculture or Agritech)
- Bachelor of Agribusiness and Food Marketing
- Bachelor of Land and Property (Rural)
- Bachelor of Management Studies (Agribusiness)
*Applications for any other degrees (including veterinary science) will not be accepted.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Please note that this scholarship is only for students entering the first year of their degree - terms and conditions apply.
How do students apply?
To find out more about the scholarship or to apply online, go to www.fmg.co.nz/scholarships
Applications open 1 October and close 5 December each year.
Application cannot be accepted before 05/09/2017.
History or background of award
FMG is New Zealand’s leading rural insurer and has over a century of experience helping rural New Zealanders take risks so that they can continue to achieve their goals.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4222
0800 627 739
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2018.