YWCA Young Women's Tertiary Education Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 30 September 2020
Applications need to be in no later than 5 p.m. 30 September each year.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
For New Zealand resident young women aged between 16 and 30 years as at 1 January who are participating in tertiary study in the Hamilton area.
Scholarship recipients need to be:
* Have excellent time management skills
* A general “all rounder” with a wide range of skills and experiences
* Partaking in either full or part time study for the academic year.
She must be a good representative of the YWCA’s philosophy and relate well to young women.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The Scholarship holder is expected to promote and acknowledge the YWCA of Hamilton (and any fund supporters) and the Scholarship.
She must commit to:
* Contributing to the governance and purpose of the YWCA of Hamilton. This may be in the form of, but it not limited to, participation in ten (10) monthly YWCA of Hamilton Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the YWCA of Aotearoa-New Zealand’s AGM and general meeting(s).
* Attending at least two public speaking engagements, or other promotional activities as required.
How do students apply?
Download the application form to your computer. Fill out the form and save.
Scan a recent passport sized photo.
Email the application form and photo as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or post to: Hamilton YWCA, P O Box 1011, Hamilton 3240
or Hand-deliver to the YWCA.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed thereafter. The successful award holders will be appointed by 30 November.
History or background of award
The YWCA of Hamilton provides a supportive environment for women to facilitate self confidence and self opportunity. Women are encouraged to gain the ability to express their opinions and to continually grow.
The YWCA of Hamilton’s Young Women’s Tertiary Education Scholarship is $2,500 payable in three (3) instalments during the year. The first instalment is made on the applicant’s acceptance of the Scholarship agreement. The remainder are paid 1st June and 1st December of the Scholarship year.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
YWCA of Hamilton Incorporated , 28 Pembroke St, PO Box 1011, Hamilton 3240
07 838 2219
07 838 2218
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in October 2019.