Women on Campus Millennium Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 July 2020
Extended to July 2020 closing
Length of award
One year only.
Number of awards offered
Multiple scholarships of the same value may be awarded depending on funding.
Purpose of award
The purpose of these scholarships is to provide recognition to current undergraduate and/or postgraduate women students at AUT who have demonstrated support for women students at AUT.
Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
Scholarship applicants must be women students who have demonstrated support for women who are students at AUT.
Applicants need to have completed at least one year of study at the University and intend to continue as an AUT student.
Applicants must be studying .5FTE (half time) or more.
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The successful applicant(s) will be invited to join Women on Campus for a meeting during the year to report their contribution to the welfare of women.
A selection panel made up from representatives from Women on Campus will consider the applications.
History or background of award
University education is about critical thinking, fresh ideas and new ways of doing things. It is challenging - even demanding - but its benefits are considerable; not only for the students themselves but also for their families, communities and the wider society and economy. That is why AUT provides a wide range of scholarships and awards.
Applicants will be expected to upload in the portal.
- Academic Transcript if all previous study has not been completed at AUT.
- An 200 word statement (approx. one page) including details of current study and outlining how the applicant would use the scholarship
- A description of the applicant’s activities to support women students at AUT (maximum 2 pages)
- Applicants will be expected to nominate two members of the AUT community who have direct knowledge of their contribution to the support of women students at AUT and request they provide a statement of support.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in June 2020.