Queenstown Resort College Scholarship - Adventure Tourism Management
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
The Scholarship will cover 50% of the full tuition fee.
Closing dates for applications
Next: 16 October 2020
Applications for 2021 will open in June.
Length of award
For two years.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
If you aspire to a career in adventure tourism or wish to enter the world of hospitality and hotel management, QRC will prepare you with the business and leadership training along with the skills and knowledge to successfully pursue your tourism management or hotel management career.
The QRC National Scholarships are open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents who are completing Year 13 studies in 2016 and enrolling in QRC Diploma Programmes.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Expectations of the Scholarship winner:
• Be a responsible member of QRC community and obey the regulations of Queenstown Resort College (QRC) as far as they apply to you.
• Be an Ambassador for QRC and be actively involved in any promotions, student council, career week and other areas identified by QRC and the Marketing Department.
• Fulfil the programme requirements (attendance, PE, assignments and examinations) and progress through the Diploma programme in the time allowed.
• Be a leader on campus and report any difficulties in complying to the scholarship or the diploma to the Student Relations Manager.
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Based on the written applications, five applicants of shortlisted candidates are selected. The shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a face to face interview with the Scholarship panel in Queenstown at the end of September. The Scholarship winners will be selected from this group. The interview will be used to further ascertain the candidate’s suitability to the industry and to the College in general. All interviews will be conducted by the end of September.
Applications will be evaluated by the Scholarship Panel, consisting of industry representatives and members of the administration and academic departments of QRC. The presentation, relevance and creativity of the application and the academic merit of the applicant are considered.
History or background of award
Queenstown Resort College (QRC) is New Zealand’s premier Tourism and Hospitality Management Tertiary Education provider.
The presentation, relevance and creativity of the application and the academic merit of the applicant are considered.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in July 2020.