EIT Year 13 Degree Study Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Refer to the Application form.
Closing dates for applications
Next: 21 October 2020
Priority applications close 1 October
Length of award
Each scholarship is for the cost of tuition fees for the first year of study of your chosen degree.
Number of awards offered
Up to 100
Purpose of award
Open to Taupo, Hawkes Bay and Tairawhiti (Gisborne) students from Hicks bay to Dannevirke and out to Taupo.
• Undertake full-time degree study at EIT.
• Be a Year 13/7th Form graduate from a secondary school in the Hawke's Bay or Gisborne regions from Hicks Bay to Dannevirke and out to Taupo.
• Meet the EIT Year 13/7th Form degree entry criteria.
• Be a New Zealand citizen or hold a New Zealand residency permit.
• If you are a boarder at a Hawke's Bay or Gisborne High School, and your home address is outside the region, you are still eligible to apply.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The scholarship does not include:
• Student's Association fees
• The need to repear courses
• Any added costs of repeating assessments
• Any field trips/placement/courses related costs
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified by mid November.
History or background of award
EIT (Eastern Institute of Technology) offers unlimited Year 13 Degree Study Grants to eligible local year 13 Students.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in May 2020.