Zonta Club of Dunedin Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 December 2019
Length of award
The award is for One year only, and must be taken up in the year that it is awarded.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The Zonta Club of Dunedin has established an undergraduate scholarship for a third year University of Otago female student in order to contribute to Zonta's objective of improving the status of women.
Applicants must be:
1) eligible to enter the third or later year of an undergraduate degree programme.
2) enrolled full-time at the University of Otago at the time of application and for the duration of the award and have attained academic excellent in previous study at tertiary level
3) females who are responsible of the financial support of their dependents.
4) New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The award holder must agree to:
• attend a meeting of the Zonta Club of Dunedin to receive her award;
• attend an end of year meeting of the Zonta Club of Dunedin to report on her achievements over the year. If unable to attend a meeting, the recipient will provide a written report.
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Payments will be made directly to the recipient.
The selection panel will include one representative from the Zonta Club of Dunedin, or their nominee.
The award may be held concurrently with another award or grant with approval from the selection panel. Award recipients will not be considered for this award in future years.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
University of Otago
PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054
(03) 479 5291
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2019.