New Zealand AUT-NCUK Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$5000 contribution to tuition fees
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 June 2023
Opens OctoberAvailable until all places filled
Length of award
The scholarship is awarded for one year only.
Number of awards offered
Varies depending on funding
Purpose of award
This scholarship is exclusive to international students enrolled in the NCUK New Zealand Global Education Pathway programmes, who wish to study at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
1. Applicants must be completing or have completed a NCUK programme (International Foundation Year, International Year One, or Pre-Master’s Programme) as their most recent qualification.
2. Applicants must be full-fee paying international students (Note: International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia or in the process of applying for the aforementioned categories).
3. Applicants must have a current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT programme (Undergraduate level or above, excluding doctoral and at least 120 points).
4. Applicants will be asked to provide their AUT Student ID in the box provided on the application form.
5. Returning AUT students (i.e. students who have already commenced study at AUT) will not be considered.
6. Applicants are required to declare if they have applied for other forms of scholarships both internally (i.e. awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g. government scholarships). The selection committee will take this into consideration.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Recipients of this scholarship are required to be enrolled full time at AUT during the tenure of the scholarship. Failure to do so may result in the recipient being required to pay back the full value of the scholarship received.
How do students apply?
Application is through the AUT online scholarship portal. Applicants must complete the New Zealand AUT-NCUK Scholarships application form through the AUT Scholarships Database from the link on this page.
Applicants are required to upload:
1. Detailed academic transcript with grading scale of the most recent qualification from NCUK;
2. Graduation certificate or evidence of completion from NCUK;
3. Current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT programme.
All documentation must be uploaded by the closing date otherwise the application will be considered ineligible.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email from the University Scholarships Office once the panel have made their decisions.
The first six students to be assessed as eligible and accept their offer will be awarded the AUT-NCUK Scholarship.
Applicants who have declared other forms of scholarships both internally (i.e., awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g., government scholarships) will be considered on a case-by-case basis regarding eligibility.
The scholarship cannot be held concurrently with another AUT scholarship or by students whose studies are being fully sponsored by either a home government or the NZ government.
Refer to the Regulations for full information.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Auckland University of Technology
+64 9 921 9837
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in August 2022.