The Sir Murray F. Brennan Scholarship in Rowing
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$16,000 over 2 years
Closing dates for applications
Next: 30 November 2021
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The scholarship reflects AUOA’s mission which is to provide young New Zealanders with an opportunity to gain an amazing education at the University of Otago while also becoming great young adult leaders of the future.
• be enrolled, or intend to be enrolled at the University of Otago
• be a member of, or an intended member of, the Otago University Rowing Club
• be at a New Zealand university in the first year of an undergraduate programme at the time of application or have recently completed the first year of an undergraduate programme at a New Zealand University
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The University of Otago reserves the right to use the names, photographs, and details of successful applicants for advertising and publicity. The award holders must agree to be reasonably available to participate in interviews and promotional activities if requested by the University of Otago.
How do students apply?
Every application for the scholarship must be submitted to the University of Otago Scholarships Office by the specified closing date.
Every applicant must submit:
• A completed application form and curriculum vitae.
• A letter of support from a former coach or rowing mentor.
• A copy of their academic transcript if they are not a University of Otago student.
The selection panel will comprise the Chief Executive Officer of the Otago University Rowing Club, the Director of the Development and Alumni Relations Office and the Manager responsible for Undergraduate Scholarships (or their nominees).
History or background of award
Established in 2018 by the University Council to encourage excellence in rowing, this scholarship is generously supported by the Alumni of University of Otago in America and honours one of the University of Otago’s most distinguished alumni, Sir Murray F. Brennan.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
University of Otago
PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054
(03) 479 5291
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2020.