Te Reo Maori (Secondary or Wharekura) Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 5 June 2020
Length of award
Purpose of award
The 2019 TeachNZ Te Reo Māori (Secondary or Wharekura) Scholarships are for people who are either proficient or fluent in te reo Māori and who wish to work as secondary teachers.
• be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or resident of at least three years
• have proficiency in te reo Māori to a level that meets the requirements of the tertiary provider
• have leadership experience
• have support from iwi and/or Māori leaders in the community
Note: You do not need to be enrolled in an approved teaching programme when applying for these TeachNZ scholarships.
How do students apply?
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in February 2020.