Lincoln University Netball Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 August 2021
15 August each year
Length of award
Minimum time required to complete qualification.
Number of awards offered
Up to 10
Purpose of award
To assist students of high sporting achievement to undertake tertiary study and netball development at Lincoln University. New and Current students may apply.
• Must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
• New and Current students may apply
• Applicants must have gained NCEA Level Three Certificate, including University Entrance, (or an equivalent entrance qualification) and be eligible to enter university by February of the year following their application. Applicants will also be considered from students who are currently enrolled in alternative study programmes.
• Must have played for a secondary school representative netball team or be an age-group representative player.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Must maintain satisfactory academic and sporting progress.
How do students apply?
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Notified within one month of closing date.
Selection Panel comprising of the Vice-Chancellor, Convenor of the Scholarships committee and the Chair of the Canterbury Netball Union.
History or background of award
Established in 1998 by Lincoln University in conjunction with the Canterbury Netball Union
Scholars will also have access to the Canterbury Netball Union's development programme
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
PO Box850 84, Lincoln University, Lincoln , Christchurch 7647, New Zealand
(+64 3 3252 811 ext 8748 or 8582
+64 3 325 3840
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2020.