Southland DC Ohai Railway Fund Bursaries
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 30 September 2021
31 March and 30 September each year.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The purpose of the fund is to provide grants and loans for the benefit of the residents of the former Ohai Railway Board Area.
• The provision of bursaries for tertiary study or adult education
• To facilitate employment opportunities
• The development of community facilities, reserves and resources/recreational and leadership opportunities/community programmes, activities, events and charitable purposes.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Tertiary applications are only entitled to one allocation during the period of their course.
How do students apply?
Applications should be marked “Ohai Railway Fund” and be forwarded to Southland District Council, 15 Forth Street, Invercargill, or PO Box 903, Invercargill 9840 by 5pm, on the closing date for the funding round you are applying to.
Southland DC: Funds.
Application for Individuals
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Payment after receipt of evidence of registration at the tertiary/polytechnic institution.
Ohai Railway Fund Committee.
History or background of award
A resident being a person or a descendant of a person whose name appeared on the Parliamentary Electoral Roll in any year from 1960 to 1990 and whose address at the time was within the area of the former board.
A map defining the Ohai Railway Board Area available from the application organisation.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Southland District Council
P O Box 903, Invercargill 9840
0800 732 732
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in January 2021.