Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Endeavour Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
up to $1,800
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 August 2019
Length of award
To assist first year school leavers.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The purpose of this Scholarship is to assist first-year school leaver students at Te Piringa - Faculty of Law at the University of Waikato who have proven academic potential, whose financial circumstances are severely constrained or for whom there are other special circumstances which would make such a scholarship a significant means of enhancing their academic success.
To be eligible, applicants must:
• be school leaver students enrolling full-time in the first year of an LLB, Diploma of Law or a conjoint degree within Te Piringa - Faculty of Law at the University of Waikato
• have performed at a high standard, with a minimum endorsement of Merit, in the National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 2 and/or the NZ Scholarships assessments, or equivalent, in the year of application;
• have demonstrated financial need or other special circumstance; and,
• be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient gaining a minimum Merit endorsement on their NCEA Level 3 certificate or equivalent.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The offer of a Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicate in the letter of offer.
How do students apply?
Along with the prescribed application form, each applicant must submit:
• a one-page statement setting our their reasons for applying to study in Te Piringa - Faculty of Law and outlining their personal and financial circumstances;
• a satisfactory completed Endeavour Scholarship Financial Hardship Questionnaire
• a reference addressing the applicants suitability for this particular Scholarship; and,
• a CV (maximum 4 A4 pages in length).
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The offer of a Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the Letter of Offer.
Recipients must have met all eligibility requirements prior to enrolment
The Scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient in two equal sums after the withdrawalperiod for each semester.
Payment of the second instalment is conditional on the recipient passing all A S emester papers and their continued enrolment in an undergraduate law programme at the University ofWaikato.
If any recipient declines a Scholarship, or does not take it up, the Selection Panel reserves the right to offer the Scholarship to another applicant.
The Scholarship will have a maximum tenure of one year and must be taken up in the year for which it is offered.
Any exception or variation to these arrangements must be approved by the Selection Panel.
The Selection Panel will comprise at least three members of Te Piringa - Faculty of Law Student Admissions Committee and the Faculty representative on the Scholarships Committee.
History or background of award
This scholarship is offered by the Faculty of Law at the University of Waikato.
• The Scholarship may be held together with any other scholarship, bursary, prize or student allowance, unless the conditions of the award preclude this.
• The Scholarships Committee may terminate the Scholarship at any time if it is not satisfied that the holder is following the approved programme of study or is not otherwise complying with the conditions governing the Scholarship and/or the regulations of the University of Waikato. The holder of a Scholarship shall have the right to appeal to the Education Committee against any decision to terminate the Scholarship.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in June 2019.