New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
See additional information section
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 May 2021
May and November each year
Length of award
The scholarship is awarded for one year only.
Number of awards offered
Varies depending on funding
Purpose of award
This scholarship is exclusive to high achieving international students enrolled in the NCUK New Zealand Global Education Pathway programmes, who wish to study at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
1. Applicants must be full-fee paying international students (Note: International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia or in the process of applying for the aforementioned categories).
2. Applicants must have a current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT programme (Undergraduate level or above, excluding doctoral and at least 120 points).
3. Applicants will be asked to provide their AUT Student ID in the box provided on the application form.
4. Scholarships are awarded on academic merit.
5. Applicants with an equivalent B Average or above in their most recent NCUK programme (International Foundation Year, International Year One, or Pre-Master’s Programme) will be considered.
6. Returning AUT students (i.e. students who have already commenced study at AUT) will not be considered.
7. Applicants are required to declare if they have applied for other forms of scholarships both internally (i.e. awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g. government scholarships). The selection committee will take this into consideration.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Recipients of this scholarship are required to be enrolled full time at AUT during the tenure of the scholarship. Failure to do so may result in the recipient being required to pay back the full value of the scholarship received.
How do students apply?
Application is through the AUT online scholarship portal. Applicants must complete the New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarships application form through the AUT Scholarships Database from the link on this page.
Applicants will be asked to indicate under which category (select one only) they wish to be considered and must meet the eligibility criteria under which they are applying.
Applicants are required to upload:
1. Detailed academic transcript with grading scale of the most recent qualification from NCUK;
2. Graduation certificate or evidence of completion form NCUK;
3. Current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT programme.
All documentation must be uploaded by the closing date otherwise the application will be considered ineligible.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email from the University Scholarships Office once the panel have made their decisions.
Applications will be shortlisted and selected by the selection committee comprising of representatives from AUT International.
History or background of award
New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarships are divided into the following categories:
New Zealand AUT-NCUK South East Asia Excellence Scholarships - Value $10,000
New full-fee paying international students with South East Asia* citizenship, who are currently enrolled in the NCUK New Zealand Global Education Pathway Programmes (International Foundation Year, International Year One, or Pre-Master’s Programme).
*South East Asian countries: Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
New Zealand AUT-NCUK Global Excellence Scholarships - Value $3,000
New full-fee paying international students with citizenship from countries other than South East Asia, who are currently enrolled in the NCUK New Zealand Global Education Pathway Programmes (International Foundation Year, International Year One, or Pre-Master’s Programme).
Refer to the Regulations for full information.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in March 2021.