New to AUT Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Contribution to accommodation cost
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 July 2021
Length of award
The scholarship is awarded for two semesters only.
Number of awards offered
Varies depending on funding
Purpose of award
The scholarship guarantees accommodation at AUT’s Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility located minutes from the AUT city campus, regardless of whether you currently live in Auckland, or beyond. The student accommodation offers a safe and secure location with an on-site pastoral care programme and 24/7 concierge. Say goodbye to travel expenses and long commutes and get ready to build lasting friendships and study with like-minded students.
The scholarship will be paid directly to AUT’s Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility operated by Unilodge.
1. Applicants for the New to AUT Scholarship must be applying for the first time to enrol at AUT.
2. Applicants must have as a minimum university entrance (Special, Discretionary, Ad Eundem Statem or New Zealand Secondary School).
3. Applicants must have applied for and received an offer of place to a full-time programme of study (minimum 120 points) at undergraduate or postgraduate degree level commencing Semester 2, 2021.
4. Applicants must have confirmation tuition fee payment is covered for semester 2, 2021. This confirmation can include fees free, student loan or alternate arrangements.
5. Applicants must be NZ citizens or Permanent Residents or obtain a student visa to study at AUT prior to receiving the scholarship.
6. Applicants must agree to a Residential Contract to reside at Unilodge Mayoral Drive accommodation facility.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The award of this scholarship is conditional on the student commencing full-time study at the start of Semester 2, 2021.
The recipient will reside in AUT Mayoral Drive Student Accommodation and the award paid directly to that accommodation. Please note that the recipient will need to ensure they can cover other additional costs not covered by the scholarship.
How do students apply?
Applications are open from 8th June 2021 and close 1 July 2021. Applicants must complete the New to AUT Scholarship Application online through the AUT Scholarships Database from the link on this page.
Applicants will be required to upload:
1. A statement outlining how their tertiary study will fulfil future career goals.
2. Offer of Place in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme of study commencing Semester 2, 2021.
3. Document confirming tuition fee is covered for Semester 2, 2021.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
All applicants will be advised of the outcome by the University Scholarships Office as soon as the panel have made their decisions.
Applications will be assessed by a panel comprising representatives of the University Scholarships Committee.
1. The scholarship will be awarded to those applicants who study at the AUT City campus, South campus or North Shore campus.
2. Applicants who identify as Maori, Pacific or Disabled will be prioritised (Ministry of Education priority groups).
3. Applicants will be assessed for their informed study plans which demonstrate a dedication to complete tertiary study to achieve career goals.
History or background of award
The New to AUT Scholarship is designed to support students who have enrolled in an AUT undergraduate or postgraduate programme for the first time in Semester 2, 2021. The scholarship recognises the impacts of Covid 19 for prospective students entering tertiary study, aiming to reduce the burden of living and travel expenses while completing full-time study at AUT for the first time.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in June 2021.