AUT Pro Vice-Chancellor International's Excellence Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$20,000 contribution to fees
Closing dates for applications
Next: 2 July 2021
Length of award
The scholarship is awarded for one year only.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) provides this scholarship to recognise and support top achieving international students in their journey in becoming great graduates of AUT.
1. Applicants must be full-fee paying international students (Note: International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia).
2. Applicants must have a current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT programme (Bachelor degree level or above, excluding doctoral and at least 120 points) commencing in Semester Two 2021.
3. Applications must be currently onshore in New Zealand.
4. Applicants can be previous AUT students, who are applying for a higher level programme(e.g. an AUT bachelor degree graduate applying for a master’s programme).
5. Applicants will be asked to provide their AUT Student ID in the box provided on the application form.
6. Scholarships are awarded on academic merit and the quality of the applicant's personal statement.
7. Applicants are required to declare if they have applied for other scholarships both internally (i.e. awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g. government scholarships). The selection committee will take this into consideration.
How do students apply?
Application is through the AUT online scholarship portal. Applicants must complete the AUT Pro Vice-Chancellor International's Excellence Scholarship application online from the link provided on this page.
Applicants are required to upload:
1. Current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT programme (Bachelor degree level or above excluding Doctoral).
2. Detailed academic transcript with grading scale of the most recent qualification.
3. Completion certificate (e.g. bachelor degree certificate).
4. A personal statement (maximum 200 words) explaining why you are applying for the scholarship, and what it would mean to you to receive it.
All documentation must be uploaded by the closing date otherwise the application will be considered ineligible.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email from the University Scholarships Office as soon as possible after the panel have meet.
Applications will be shortlisted and selected by the selection committee comprising of representatives from AUT International. Selection will be based on demonstrated academic excellence and strength of personal statement.
The scholarship will be paid as a compulsory one-off fees credit towards the first year of study at AUT.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in May 2021.