Whanganui Federation of University Women Trust - Wynne Costley Study Award
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Up to $3,000
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 May 2020
Applications close 31 May.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The Wynne Costley Study Award is a grant of up to $3000 made to a female student in her second to fourth year of full-time tertiary study.
Applicants should meet the following minimum criteria:
* The applicant is studying in the area of the Liberal Arts or Humanities as defined on material which is issued with the application form;
* The applicant is a New Zealand citizen or has permanent residency in New Zealand;
* The applicant has spent a minimum of three years studying at a secondary school in Wanganui; and
* The applicant presents the following in support of her application:
o The most recent results from the equivalent of one full-time study programme; or
o Proof of enrolment for the current year of study.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Applications, which close on 31st May, must be made on the offical form which will be available from Easter onwards.
How do students apply?
'Application Forms' can be obtained by phoning (06) 345 4292 or write to:
Wanganui Federation of University Women Trust
C/- 41 Carlton Ave
How and when do students learn of the decision?
All applicants will be notified within 60 days of the closing date.
Trustees of Wanganui Federation of University Women Trust - Wynne Costley Study Award.
History or background of award
The number of awards/grants made each year is dependent on the income generated from the original bequest from Wynne Costley who was a graduate of VUW in the 1930s.
Until further notice the award will be made annually with applications closing 31 May.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in August 2019.