Quota New Zealand Educational Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Maximum value of $5,000
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 August 2022
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The Quota New Zealand Educational Scholarship is available to young women under 25 and under planning to attend a Tertiary Institution for the first time.
• Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand.
• The offer of the Scholarship is subject to the candidate fulfilling all requirements for admission to the Tertiary Institute of choice and enrolling in a full time programme of study in the year of tenure.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
What else should I know? You must be able to fulfil all requirements for admission to the Tertiary Institute of choice. You must be enrolling in a full time program of study.
How do students apply?
Along with a completed application form, applicants are to include a curriculum vitae which highlights the students eligibility in terms of the following selection criteria:
• List of personal achievements including any special reason why you think you deserve to be awarded the Scholarship.
• Two references
• An essay of how Quota International helps disadvantaged women and children and hearing and speech impaired individuals in New Zealand and in other Quota countries around the world.
• Applicants are to use the Quota websites www.quota.org/23-share-foundation and www.quotanz.org to learn more about Quota and the way Quota operates to complete the essay (Approximately 500 words).
How and when do students learn of the decision?
• Application forms will be available on http://www.quotanz.org from 1 May.
• Applications for the Scholarship will closeon15 July and the successful candidate will be notified by 15 October
The Selection Panel will comprise of one trustee of the Pye Foundation or their nominee plus members of Quota International clubs of New Zealand.
History or background of award
Quota International is a non-profit organisation empowering women, children, the deaf, hard-of-hearing, and speech-impaired in local communities around the world. The scholarship shall be administered by Quota International of Auckland Inc. supported by the Pye Foundation.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Quota International of Auckland Inc.
PO Box 99-506, Auckland 1149
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in August 2020.