Maori Education Trust: Frances Irwin Hunt Art Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 3 April 2020
3 April 2020
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
The purpose of the scholarship programme is to provide support for Māori students to pursue and achieve success in programmes of study and training.
Undergraduate applicants must:
i. be of New Zealand Māori descent;
ii. be enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institute in 2018;
iii. be attending full-time study for the full year;
iv. meet the criteria for the scholarships applied for;
v. submit the application and supporting documentation on time.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
If you meet scholarship criteria, you can apply for as many scholarships as you wish, however you can only be
How do students apply?
1. Incomplete or late applications willnot be considered.
2. Additional information including missing or corrected information, must reach the MāorI Education Trust by theclosing date.
3. The Māori Education Trust does not accept any responsibility for lost or delayed application packages caused by incorrect mailing instructions or delays in delivery.
4. You must advise the Māori Education Tr ust of any changes to your application. All changes must be advised inwriting (email and post are acceptable).
5. Please do not staple your papers together; use a paper clip or place in a plastic sleeve.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
All applicants (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in writing within three months after the
scholarship closing date.
Māori Education Trust
History or background of award
The Māori Education Trust scholarship programme comprises a range of scholarships for Māori secondary and tertiary students.
Available to full-time Māori undergraduate students studying in the fields of performing or cultural arts which may include, but not be limited to: dance, music, art, theatre/film. Priority will be given to students with academic merit and financial need
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2019.